Birthday Countdown

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Wednesday Update

Just thought we would fill you on how the day has gone. It was sort of uneventful which we look at as good.

Feedings continue to go up. Collin is now at 28ml which is considered full feeds. I will start attempting to nurse him as soon as tomorrow. It will be some time this week otherwise. Anniston is increasing by 1ml per feed until she gets to 16mls and Bailey is increasing by 1ml per feed until she gets to 15mls. Bailey has had a lot of residual which means what is left in her stomach by the time of the next feeding. She had 9ml out of 13ml left in her tummy. They don't seem to be too worried about it. They said they can build up saliva, etc... and with that mixed with milk, it can look like a lot more than what it is.

Some funny moments we have experienced with Collin involve some rather loud hiccups which we videotaped. Also, he likes to fill his pants after you change him. Today I used three diapers and it isn't because I didn't wait a few minutes because I know this has become a regular thing. Today he just had a wet diaper. I changed it and waited for a couple of minutes. We were in the process of turning him on his stomach because he had just gotten a feeding and they digest better on their tummies. As I was placing him, I smelled it. I turned him back over and found that he filled his pants. I changed him again and just as I was closing the diaper it happened yet again. He has absolutely no problem in this area.

Other than that, like I said, not much of anything new to report. They are resting really well. They sleep most of the day.

We will keep you posted on anything new.

Thanks for everything.

JKABC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you had the "uneventful day" you had. Let's pray for more of those. Our babies are doing great and for that I am so grateful to God. Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Uneventful IS good. Although, these three are one big event in themselves. :) Praying Collin takes to nursing like the champ he is! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh Kristy, you are doing such a great job keeping everyone informed! I am hoping to come up soon, last weekend, I still had a runny nose and cough, so I dont want to infect you or the babies in any way. You all are in my prayers and thoughts!
Luv you all, Jeni