Birthday Countdown

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday, Monday

Greetings. It has been a hectic day. Just lots of stuff coming together. I've never really seen so much information tossed at us that we need to understand/remember. Collin is still on CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure). The girls are on room air. All three are on the light to reduce jaundice. The doctors ordered ultrasounds of Bailey and Collin's hearts. The results of Collin's exam are in and he will be starting some meds tonight (week long regimen) to help the hole in his heart heal up. Haven't heard back on Bailey. This hole is the normal hole that is present in utero. It most often heals up before babies are born. Our kids were born early so we will have to see if it closes by itself (or with a little help). Worst case is that the child will have to have a small surgery to close up the hole. I'm wondering if I'm seeing the beginnings of the personalities of Collin and Bailey. During the same ultrasound procedure, Bailey was extremely upset--heart rate 200+, arms and legs flailing and lots of crying. When Collin got his done, he was just fine with it. In fact, I'm almost certain he fell asleep. Please continue your prayers especially for little Collin's heart and maybe little Bailey's.

JKABC

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Sounds like Collin takes after his dad. The real question is will he start talking in his sleep about work someday??? We will continue to keep them all in our prayers! Love

Mark, Amber, Emma and Jack

Sarah said...

We will be saying a prayer for Collin and Bailey tonight...and Anniston too of course. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

I will continue praying for these little miracle babies...This is normal, and Im sure they will be just fine! How is Kristy feeling??? Any health concerns with her? Thanks for the Great Updates Jason, Your doing a Good Job!!! Love You Guys...Jeni

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Family Bumgardner! What beautiful little miracles from God! You are all in my prayers! Love, Emma & Jack's Nana

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you all. Sounds like the babies are doing good. They are precious. Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and very excited for your family. Love, Misti

Barb said...

Congratulations! They are so beautiful. I can't wait til 3 years from now when we have the Short, Smitherman and Bungardner triplets all in the 3 year old class together.
Love and Prayers,
Barb Kilbourn

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Jason, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I am Cathy Allen's daughter, Sabrina. I wanted to let you know that your family is in my prayers. My boys were born at 32 weeks, and it was overwhelmening in the beginning. At times, I felt like they'd never leave the hospital. But it did go by quickly, and they are now very healthy 2 1/2 year olds. While I wanted them home with me right away, I now realize that it was a blessing in disguise. When they came home, I knew how to take care of them (after doing it a month under close supervision at the hospital), and they were on a great schedule. This will allow Kristy some rest too, as well as time to heal.

Good luck. I am so blessed with two, and you are even more with three.

Sabrina (Allen) Fischer

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Colin..Will keep you all in my prayers. Thanks for the updates. Brenda Howard