Birthday Countdown

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Well, Jason & I are back home. We were released from the hospital late this afternoon. Everything seems to be under control at this point. The real test will be when we are done with the extra medication (Indocin) I am currently on in addition to the terbutaline pump. They have me on a twelve dose cycle. They increased the amount of terbutaline that I am getting in an hour. Once I get done with the cycle of Indocin will prove whether or not things are really under control. The indocin is a medication to quiet down the uterus but whether or not the contractions will flare up again is still an open question. We are hopeful that these changes will help fix the problem but we will keep you all updated.

The doctor was able to move our scheduled appointment, that should have been on Wednesday, to today so that we didn't have to drive back up again tomorrow. Everything looks good. There has been no cervical changes and the babies are growing very well. Collin is weighing about 2lbs 8ozs, Bailey is weighing about 2lbs 5ozs and Anniston is weighing about 2lbs 3ozs. They are probably still pretty average in the weight category which is great considering there are three of them.

Please continue to pray that, even through these scary contraction flare ups or even anything else that comes up, the doctors are able to get things under control. Ultimately we would ask that it wouldn't happen at all. Please continue to pray for me and the bedrest situation. I no longer have work to keep me busy. I am now officially on leave from work so I have to come up with things to do each day. The good thing about this is that I can get more rest which, at this point in the pregnancy, is key.

Thank you all for being such wonderful friends & family. We are continually grateful for the support group that we have. It has made this journey a great one.

Thanks again for your thoughts & prayers.

Kristy & Jason

1 comment:

Matt, Jen, & Braden said...

Kristy & Jason-

We are praying for you guys and for the health of those 3 precious babies!! We will pray that you don't have to go back into the hospital and that the contractions will be minimal. We know you have tons of help, but if there is ever anything we can do, please let me know!!

Jen D