Birthday Countdown

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Just thought I would give you all a quick update of what has been going on the past week. This past Saturday we made yet another trip to the hospital. I hadn't recalled Bailey moving all of Friday and also Saturday morning. We went to the hospital and were relieved to see that Bailey was just fine. This whole acting on your motherly instinct is so hard. It was about 5:30am and I had to have someone wake my doctor from sleep, drag my husband out of bed on the only day he could sleep in a little, drive all the way up north. Something inside of me just said to go and even though everything turned out okay, I would do it all over again just to know she was okay. Jason was great. I thought he would have been upset but he was amazing and felt that the best thing to do was to go to the hospital. It makes all the difference when you have a husband who is right there with you every step of the way. I don't know what I would do without him.

Jason's mom drove me to my doctor's appointment yesterday. On the way, we picked up a glider/rocker. I can't wait until I can sit and enjoy the baby nursery. Everytime I walk back to my room, I glance in and just picture three little curly heads in there cooing & playing in their cribs.

The appointment went fine. I am now measuring at 40 weeks and am only in my 28th week. It is amazing to see what your body can handle. They did an ultrasound and everything looks good. We have now been officially mooned by Bailey. Her head is toward my back and her little butt is toward my stomach and all we could see was a little baby crack. Anniston is also in an awkward position. She looks like she is doing a forward roll and Collin is laying across the exit. It has been harder and harder trying to make out what we are seeing in the ultrasounds because there are so many pairs of feet & hands.

Next Monday is my glucose test and then we will have another measurement the next week. We are anxious to see how much they will have grown by then.

Please continue to pray for the little ones' growth & strength. Please also pray for my contractions. I am starting to have more contractions in the evening which they say will happen because of all the activity going on in there. My contraction threshhold is still at 4 per hour and I have had as much as 7 per hour. Up to this point, an extra dose of terbutaline has calmed it down quite a bit. Last night when I had seven, the medication calmed it down to 2 per hour. They may up my threshhold to 6 per hour if I am continuing to be over my threshhold and not having any preterm labor symptoms which I haven't been. Just a little cramping which could be due to growth. Please also pray for Jason. I think he is physically exhausted and we still have some small things to get done. He has been quite sleepy the past couple of weeks and I can understand why. Me being over my contraction threshholds concerns him also so that can be emotionally draining also.

Bedrest has been going pretty well also. We have been blessed with such an amazing support group who have been willing to do anything to help and it has been great. Jason's mom has been amazing to come over and help me wrap gifts. She has been my hands and feet when it comes to Christmas shopping along with my sister in law, Sandy. We have decided to make stockings for the babies. They will be cross stitched just like their daddys. I have also decided to make one for myself so that the whole family has one. It has kept me busy. We also are going to make little scrapbooks for each one of the babies so they have something to take when they get older. Jason's parents come over a lot to help out with projects & play cards, etc. which has been very very helpful. My sister in law, Sandy, our fellow Life Group members, and many friends & other family members have come over to fix me lunch or provide dinners. A couple of friends from our Life Group have been amazingly helpful in faithfully coming over and cleaning every other week. That has been great. We just want to thank all of you for everything you have done even if it is just talking on the phone and hearing your enthusiasm has helped us through this journey and has made it so much more joyous than we could ever imagine so THANKS:-) We hope you all are enjoying your Christmas season and your kids too. We love you all and we will continue to keep you updated. I will post some ultrasound pics soon.

Thanks:-)

Kristy

No comments: